Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Ponferrada Castle, along the Camino De Santiago in Spain.

The Ponferrada Castle, along the Camino De Santiago
The Ponferrada Castle, along the Camino De Santiago in Spain.




What a nice dramatic shot of the castle wall.. Has it been stormed in its history; looks like it might have, but that goes for most castles (I gather). I have to hop the pond over to Europe.

Thanks, Eric. The castles in Spain had gone through many battles over the centuries, this one included. Much of this one had been restored at various times. I certainly was excited when I first saw the Ponferrada Castle. I hope you can go to Europe and see some castles for yourself.



+Randall St. Germain I got the same feeling when I saw the American west for the first time... 14k foot mountains in the Rockies, red rock all around the Colorado Plateau including Arches & Zion in Utah, Big Sur in CA, etc. Now I have to expand my reach to see structures over 236 years old (1776) not including Native American structures aka Mesa Verde etc. Always wanted to see Spain... Barcelona in particular- anywhere old and scenic.

I've been through the western USA a few times and you're right, it's very majestic. I was briefly in Barcelona last year but didn't spend nearly enough time. It was exciting when I visited Europe for the first time since I was from Vancouver, Canada where there are not many structures remaining from the 19th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment